Sunday, September 16, 2012

Someday you might find you are hungry, and eating most of the words you just said.

Happy autumn, y'all! It's been a crazy month so far, but the most excellent month as well. I'll start out with an in-progress painting for 1975 Gallery's annual Halloween show, this time the theme is "Haunted". This is my second year as a part of this collaborative show, and it's a ton of fun to take part in. 1975 just moved into a new home and totally renovated the space. I was lucky enough to attend an opening there this weekend, and it's AMAZING to see my friends do such a good job!
My latest project that just wrapped up a poster for The Barn Owl, a new store in Penfield that will specialize in bird and science stuff. We had a lot of fun working together! Below, the original sketch:
And the final product!
Here's where the blog gets sentimental, kids. It has been the most wonderful week I never even knew I could ask for. I took down my art show from the Owl House on Sunday. On Tuesday, I received an email from a representative of Righteous Babe Records who had visited the Owl House while my show was up and was interested in having me design for the company. When I was wrapping up undergrad, four years ago, I made it my goal to make art for musicians. It was all that I wanted to do. I first learned about Righteous Babe in high school, when I first got into the music of Ani Difranco. Never, ever, in a million years did I dream I would be working on the project that I'm working on now, a poster for her October tour. Stay tuned for drawings for the fabulous lady and her beautiful company.

No comments: