Sunday, August 29, 2010

This time tomorrow

It was a frustrating day in the studio today. I'm trying to get my fliers made up for the tweed ride that I'm organizing for October 23. I had a great photo shoot (thanks to Kira for assisting) followed by a few sketches that just didn't quite do it for me. Cramped hands and a loss of patience led me to scrap the project for the evening, to revisit at a later time with a fresh perspective.

This was my inspiration for the piece. The artist is Rory Kurtz, whose glorious details and dynamic compositions make me want to work harder and do more! I first noticed him because this illustration graced the cover of Bicycle Times.

All was not lost in the studio today! I submitted an altered version of the lion lino for the Rochester Independent Music Festival (check out the nice little writeup on the side of the page). The talented designer/festival organizer Josh Reed designed the type around the image, making for a poster I am excited to see ALL OVER DOWNTOWN. I'm also going to be taking part in the festival with some live painting and selling some prints, so be sure to check me (and all of the talented bands) out!

1 comment:

Joe said...

The photo of the bike and the guy with the guitar is SICK!