Thursday, February 3, 2011

I see the world through a rearview mirror.

We were supposed to get a snowstorm of gigantic proportions here in Rochester. The result was a little disappointing, but I made candied bacon for breakfast regardless.

I finished my piece about the peaceful solitude of winter. The elegance, the grace, the quiet that snow can create.

East Boulevard in the snowstorm. Really good conditions for brisk urban skiing. Snowy nights have the most beautiful light to them, when the sky and the ground are a golden white with the yellow light of the lamp posts, the glittery snow falling rapidly.


An urban skiing adventure led to new discoveries in Rochester. In this photo, a gate that leads to a courtyard behind some very nice houses on Hawthorne.

1 comment:

sarahbelle said...

Dear candied bacon, I need to meet you. Love, Sarah.